Anchoring Hope Core Beliefs
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is without error in its original manuscripts.
- There is one eternal God – Creator of everything – existing in three distinct persons: Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit.
- God created man in the image of God for fellowship with God and He creates us either male or female.
- Because of man’s sinful disobedience, he became alienated from his relationship with God.
- Through His substitutionary death on the cross, Jesus Christ provided the only basis for forgiveness of sin. And through faith in what Jesus did—not by any works that we do—we can enter into a right relationship with God.
- Marriage was designed by God as a covenantal relationship between one man and one woman for life.
- Sex was designed by God specifically for the marriage relationship.
- Life begins at conception and children are a blessing from God.